Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Painting While the Sun Shines...


This time of year it is so difficult to stay indoors and work in my studio. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and the weeds are growing... but I am so driven to continue exploring this new style of art, that I am afraid much of my outdoor work is being neglected. I did stop long enough to combine these two passions, and created some flower baskets to sell at our local nursery...









  I collect vintage and unusual containers through out the year, 
and make them up in time for spring...



But I am still drawn back into my studio to pursue my first love...
This is a series of four Artist Trading Cards I made for our
Flygirls ATC Group trade this month, "May Flowers"






I will just have to figure out a way to better mange my time... until then, enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful! I love your containers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful! I love your containers too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! I am having so much fun with this, but there just isn't enough time in a day...I wish I didn't need to sleep, or eat...

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous paintings of the flowers (and the flowers themselves for that matter!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beverley, I am glad you like them. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  4. These are fantastic!! I hope you don't mind I posted these as eye candy/inspiration to our ATC facebook page.

    http://www.facebook.com/artfortytwo

    Check out our ATCs site and host your own project.
    http://www.artfortytwo.org/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't mind at all, I am glad you like them enough to do so, Faithmarie! I will check out your site right away. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete